Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I purchase inkomfe® products?
2. What is the cost of the inkomfe® products?
3. Is inkomfe® Scalp Wash and Leave-On Scalp Care safe for use on color-treated hair?
4. Are inkomfe® products safe for use on children of all ages?
5. inkomfe® scalp wash doesn't lather as much as my normal shampoo, why is this?
6. I have used many products in the past with no success, and so I am reluctant to spend a lot of money on buying both the scalp wash and leave-on scalp care. Which one is best to use alone?
7. Will inkomfe® work for me? I have tried everything!
8. How do I use the inkomfe® products?
9. I love the scalp wash - the scalp care leaves my hair really lank and heavy - why is this?
10. I think I have a problem with Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. Does your product contain this chemical?
11. I think I have a problem with strong fragrances. Is inkomfe® likely to irritate my skin or scalp?
12. What makes the inkomfe® Skin Bar different from normal and other glycerin cleansing bars?
13. How often can I use the inkomfe® Skin Bar or Cream?
14. How will I achieve the best results when using the inkomfe® Skin Bar or Skin Repair Cream?
15. Why is the inkomfe® Skin Bar brown in color?
16. Why does the inkomfe® Skin Bar have a grit feel to it, and this varies from each bar I use?
17. What is glycerin?
18. How does the African Potato benefit my skin?
19. Can I use the inkomfe® Skin Bar in conjunction with the Skin Repair Cream?
20. Why is inkomfe® more expensive than other bars/creams?
21. Can I return an item?
22. Where can i find the Terms & Conditions?
My question was not answered - click here to contact us?
A: You can purchase inkomfe® from our website or phone 813 288 8884 to order or for your nearest store
A: The inkomfe® scalp wash and leave-on scalp care retail at £9.95 each.
The inkomfe® Skin Repair with MLE retails at £14.99 and the bar £5.85.
A: Yes, both products are safe for use on all color-treated hair.
A: We advise to do a patch test with all inkomfe® products on an area of unaffected skin first.
If any reactions occur please discontinue use. inkomfe® products are Dermatologically Recommended; if you have any questions, consult your dermatologist.
A: Surfactants are the cleansing agents that provide lather in a shampoo. Foaming occurs
when surfactant molecules gather air instead of the oil and dirt that surfactants should be
removing. The result is millions of tiny bubbles. Obviously the air bubbles are using the
surfactants that should be removing dirt and oil from the hair shaft. More lather does
not mean better cleansing.
A: The inkomfe® scalp system is best when used together, daily, or whenever you
normally wash your hair. However, as the shampoo is a wash-off product the botanicals will
not remain on the scalp as long as with the leave-on scalp care. Therefore, the leave-on
scalp care is likely to have more of an overall effect if you desire to use only one of the duo.
A: Many things including diet, stress, environmental factors, medication and your
lifestyle can cause skin conditions and irritated, uncomfortable skin and scalps. Three out of Five
clients have reported tremendous change using inkomfe®. inkomfe® products are Dermatologically
Recommended; if you have any questions, consult your dermatologist.
A: You may be using too much. The directions state a small amount - this does mean a small coin-sized amount, as the inkomfe® scalp care
is very concentrated. With fine hair you should use even less, applying it to the scalp and ends of the hair,
rather than at the base. The scalp care is a very versatile product, so it can also be used as a skin/body
moisturiser to help revive, hydrate and moisturise dry skin.
A: No it does not. The Scalp Wash contains Sodium Myreth Sulphate and Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate which forms the part
of a milder surfactant system.
A: inkomfe® products do contain a fragrance at a very low percentage. The inkomfe® fragrance is designed to enhance the
natural botanicals in the formulation rather than mask it. The fragrance has been tested on sensitive skin and has not
caused a reaction. We cannot guarantee you will not have a reaction to, however, as the fragrances made up of many
components you could be allergic to any one of them. If you have any questions, consult your dermatologist.
A: The unique formulation of our indigenous botanical extracts from South Africa in a Glycerin base makes
the inkomfe® Skin Bar different. The botanicals include the African Potato, Rooibos extract and Aloe Ferox.
A: The inkomfe® Skin Bar and Cream can be used on a daily basis: as often as required.
A: The African Potato used for the inkomfe® Skin Bar has a brown pigmentation.
A: The African Potato extract is ground and milled, therefore no bars are the same. This also acts as an exfoliator on the skin.
A: Glycerin is a traditional ingredient in many fine products. Glycerin contains no animal by-products and has a natural
moisturising quality. Glycerin is the by-product of the saponification (turning oil into a solid) process. Glycerin helps
maintain the skins natural oils and minimises irritation.
A: The African Potato contains sterols and sterolins. Sterols and sterolins are essential components of
plant cell membranes. Sterols and sterolins act as antioxidants which help strengthen skin cells. Antioxidants
are a group of vitamins, minerals and enzymes that help protect our body from the formation of free radicals.
Free radicals are atoms or groups of atoms that can cause damage to our cells, impairing our immune system and
leading to infections and various degenerative diseases. Antioxidants work together with the body's natural
free radical scavengers to eat up these free particles.
A: All inkomfe® products can be safely used with each other. It is also recommended that you use
inkomfe® products in conjunction with each other to obtain maximum results.
A: inkomfe® products are more expensive than other products because of its unique formulations and
active botanical ingredients. inkomfe® products are actually less expensive than other comparable brands that use high grade ingredients.
A: If you are not entirely happy with a product purchased from us, please refer to our return policy and procedure in our terms and conditions and send your return to our address.
Our returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.